Genesis 1:24-2:3

Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

Today we arrive at my favorite portion of the Creation story!  Yes, the creation of animals and people is amazing, but I am thinking of something deeper, that truly refreshes my soul every single week.  I am thinking of God's amazing gift of the seventh day.

"God blessed the seventh day and separated it as holy; because on that day God rested from all his work which he had created..."  Gen. 2:3

God created rest.  He separated the seventh day of the week - again, a specific day, not an arbitrary day - for rest.  What an amazing blessing!  I consider how many times I was completely depleted as a young mother, thinking every day was like the movie, "Groundhog Day;"  I woke up every morning to the exact same day as every other, never a moment to rest.  But that is not what God intended for me!  He created a special day for me to recharge and renew my spirit. 

This week, at sundown on Friday through darkness on Saturday, experience God's day of rest that he created for you!  Unplug from your devices and plug into your family and friends.  Do no ordinary work, working instead on knowing your amazing Creator.

Comments